The mission of Pea Pod Nutrition and Lactation Support is to empower families through evidence-based nutrition and lactation education, counseling and support to reduce the risk and prevalence of lifestyle related chronic diseases in Georgia families.
Pea Pod Nutrition and Lactation Support was founded to decrease healthcare inequities and disparities in chronic disease management and prevention for Georgia families. Additionally, we strive to increase positive birth outcomes and – through education, outreach and support – build healthier communities. To that end our vision is to:
- to increase the rate of positive birth outcomes in the state of Georgia
- provide every child in Georgia with the same level of access to nutrition education, support and nourishing healthy food
- create an environment for women across all socioeconomic, educational and ethnic backgrounds to initiate and sustain breastfeeding exclusively for six months and complimentary through the first years of life.
- eradicate childhood obesity in the communities we serve through early nutrition intervention programs that focus not only on the child but the entire family unit
- empower families to make the best possible nutrition and lifestyle related decisions for their children and themselves